Saturday 3 May 2014

RELEASING YOUR CREATIVE POTENTIALS




CREATIVITY

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun
-        Mary Lou Cook

I love standing out and I love being different, all it takes is for me to exercise my creative ability. Honestly, a little bit of creativity in all you do in life, makes a whole lots of different to who you are.

When I was into bead making, one thing I always assures my customers is that, they will never see someone else wearing the same design of beads, except it’s from me. I never pick my designs from any book or catalogue except where a customer comes with one and wants me to reproduce it.  When I say the beads whisper to me, people laugh, but it’s true. I talk to the bead and the design comes together in my head and I produce it.

Even in my cooking, some days I woke up, and I’m tired of eating the same food, the same way all the time. All I will do is look around my kitchen, see what I have and think of a way of combing them to create something new, just  the use of my imagination and behold, a new recipe is created.

So, it doesn’t take much to be creative, all you need is imagination, inspiration and zeal, to release your creative ability. Creativity is your willingness to exercise your brain and use your hand to produce something new and different. It is all about using wisdom to harness your God giving ability and talent to do ordinary things in extra ordinary ways

Many people don’t fully maximize their creative potentials, most often because of fear. Yes, many are held down by fear; they’re afraid of failing, afraid of mistakes or afraid of ridicules from others and so they don’t bother.

To some, it’s just laziness. They don’t want to go the extra miles required to create something unique and so, they rein their potentials. And some have this wrong notion that they don’t have any creative potentials in them. That’s false reasoning. If we are all created in the image and likeness of God and God is creative, it means that, there is creative nuggets inside of us, it's only waiting to be released.

Creativity is not all about the ability to write, to act, to sing, to paint or be an artiste. No, creativity is what makes you break out from where you are. Also, it is that instinct that comes from wanting to make a change in your life, in your career, in your business and even in your marriage.

 Discontentment and that inner push to rise above your contemporaries and the zeal to break new grounds are what give birth to creativity. You cannot change what you choose to tolerate or conquer what you will not confront. So free your mind.

 I dare you to break out, to give in to your creative instinct and discover your abilities. Experiment, take risks, set new record and then have fun doing that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr Omoruyi Uwuigiaren, Cartoonist & Writer

Author's Hangout with Zizi Mr Omoruyi Uwuigiaren, popularly known as Ruyi, is a former freelance cartoonist at Vanguard Newspapers.  He ...