Thursday 3 November 2022

Are you good to yourself as a writer?

I was recently inspired by a writer friend of mine who has a writer’s study with a vintage singer sewing machine table holding her laptop and all her various writing stationery. From her study, she can hear the sea and be so inspired without moving from her home! She can
from her window watch boats coming and going from the harbour! That is a writer’s dream for some of us! Other dreams are seeing our books being filmed, receiving glorious reviews and writing books, the world hankers for! When we achieve our dreams and goals it means we are being good to ourselves as a writer.

I made a list of all my writing goals:

 Get a tripod stand /camera for my YouTube posts
 Put my latest books in bookshops
 Browse literary websites for my benefit
 Attend free courses on self-publishing[KDP]
 Copyright my books to USA/UK
 Enrol my books with 2D2/ Ingram spark/ Okada/ Selar
 Explore reading communities like the Net galley, etc
 Engage more with Alli/ Reedsy online
 Be active on my own blog

Then, I came upon this scripture and realised that God was talking to me: “But be doers of the word and not hearers only – James 1:22a NJKV. Indeed, how will I achieve my writing goals and realise my dreams if I hear so much literary meat that is shared but do not act on them? But please if this is you: Procrastination, Self-indulgence, Laziness, Creating invisible barriers, Excuses and Wishful thinking, tick off the list one by one ASAP and get on track! Be good to yourself. You may have some distractions or genuine handicaps from life issues such as health, family, finance, work, etc. still try your best and God will do the rest. I try to be good to myself a little and want to improve on that. 

Most of my books encourage, and promote healthy relationships between couples, friends, and family members and how to solve problems. Now I want to move over to do more poetry and storybooks for children. New updates on this will appear on my website: www.olusolasophiaanyanwuauthor.com

Christian writers have their faith and trust in God, the giver of dreams and inspiration by His Holy Spirit. My prayer is that what God started in your writing life will be completed by His grace. Hebrews 10:35 says, “Don’t cast away your confidence; it will richly bless you.”
This means we need to PERSEVERE so that we can accomplish what the Lord has laid in our hearts to share with the world for His glory. Then we will attain our writing goals and accomplish our writer’s dreams! This is having a good relationship with yourself as it will bring you joy, contentment and accomplishment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Essential Emotional Needs In Marriage

One of the most important things you can do to improve your family relationship is to understand and meet each other’s vital emotional needs...