Friday 5 June 2020

Inspire for Success - James Okere


Introduction 


James Ngozi Okere studied Political Science at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Eastern Nigeria and he is a member of Nigerian Institute of Management (MNIM).

James enjoys reading, writing and thinking on developmental issues. His five motivational books are published online- You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation), 2017, Developing Yourself, 2017, How To Excel In Life, 2017, Building Success In Life, 2018 and Developing Global Wealth Through The Youth, 2019, all by Lulu Publishers, USA.

He is also the author of the following books: A Rotary Hand Book For Rotaractors, 1995, Nigeria By The Year 2040 - Path To National Unity And Stability (A Nigerian Thought), 2001, Who Is Who (In Nigeria Fifty Years Of Political Quotes), 2002 and You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation) 2011.

He has many published works on Nigeria's political ideas.

Presently, James Okere is the Lead Consultant of Inspire Foundation (IF) Leadership and Mentorship Academy. He is an Author, Public Speaker, Inspirational Blogger, a Social Entrepreneur and Project Coordinator of Inspire Foundation (IF), an NGO. Inspire Foundation (IF) is involved in educational issues covering self Enhancement and Advocacy in these areas: Mentorship, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Self Development values aimed at developing a better society.

Okere is a firm believer in prayers and holds that everybody is somebody. He lives in Owerri, Imo State Eastern Nigeria.


Interview


At what point in your life, did you realize you wanted to be a writer?


When I reflect back, I became convinced that writing is in me. That is to say; that God endowed me with the gift of writing as to manifest His Glory in me

How long does it take you to write a book?


For sure it takes time to finish writing a book; for me, especially in the past, there is no defined time of completing any particular book; it depends on the book I am writing. I have written a book that took me close to five years- A Rotary Hand Book of Rotaractors, two years- Nigeria By The Year 2040 - Path To National Unity And Stability (A Nigerian Thought), twelve years- Who Is Who (In Nigeria Fifty Years Of Political Quotes) and seven years- You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation).

However, now that I have narrowed my purpose on this planet Earth in the area of motivation/inspirational values and having known the importance of goals in life, I now schedule myself between eight-twelve months to finish any book I have decided to write on, outside the time of publishing same.

What inspired you to write motivational books?


 The God factor and fate played major roles. Also,  commendations from people that followed after I have written my first motivational book- You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation) in 2011, and the subsequent interactions I had with my good friends- Joachim Ibezim, Ph.D and Nnamdi Ogwazu (an online Media Practitioner) became a springboard. Thus, the encouraging discussions I had with these my friends towards my purpose on this earth gave rise to my developing a global leadership, personality development and mentorship value-driven website in the year 2013,   http://www.inspireforgreatness.com/

How do you get information and ideas for your books?


The God factor and the inspiration that follows have been very supportive in generating ideas for my books. At times, the idea will drop and I will not delay in recording the same accordingly. Also, my great interest in reading numerous works have been quite supportive. I read a lot as to generate ideas, information and concepts for my works and to apply the same when the time comes. Through my personal journals, I obtain information when the need arises. Books of great people including biographies I read energize and kept me going in my mission statement. If really you want to make it in life you must read, read and read. In the year 2016, I read about 18 books as to keep myself going on with my vision and works of the future.


What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?



The research I do are based on the books I read. To the Glory of God, I read voraciously in this my calling. In addition, I read quality books. I also download and read great works from great authors, entrepreneurs, public speakers, pastors, leaders. I also read works on biographies of great people and keep journals of important points. From all these books I gain insights and compound my ideas waiting for utilization when I am writing. In the world of writing, any person spending quality time reading has already spent quality time researching before beginning to write any book. I am a living example.


Is there any author or book that influenced your writing?


Nobody is an Island. Whatever I have achieved in my mission statement for which writing is an aspect is attributable to supports of many authors, entrepreneurs, public speakers and pastors. Therefor many books and authors have contributed a lot in my writing.


What were the challenges in getting your first book published?



For our discussion, let me use my motivational e-books. My first motivational e-book: published was “You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation)” in 2017. Please note that the hard copy of the book is already published in Nigeria in the year 2011. Naturally being my first e-book came with its challenges. The challenge of who handles the technical issues with the publishers. Who edits the book to its perfection as required.
By the grace of God, fate smiled on me as my website developer accepted to publish the work with Lulu when I am through with the editing. The same fate also threw its self-up when my online assistant- Odinaka Onwuatuegwu, painstakingly studied the editing details from Lulu and tidied up the editing of my e-book. I must admit; it was not easy for him. The next major challenge is that of marketing the e-book online, this challenge is still prevalent and one day with greater skill and hard work, it would be surmounted. As an author, you must persevere before reaping; this is a major experience of every author.


How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?


I have written five motivational books and they are: You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation), 2011(published as an e-book in 2017), Developing Yourself, 2017, How To Excel In Life, 2017, Building Success In Life, 2018 and Developing Global Wealth Through The Youth, 2019, all by Lulu Publishers, USA. My sixth motivational book- The Power of Purpose Discovery, has been submitted to Lulu for publication.

Outside the motivational books, I have also written the following books- A Rotary Hand Book For Rotaractors, 1995, Nigeria By The Year 2040 - Path To National Unity And Stability (A Nigerian Thought), 2001 & Who Is Who (In Nigeria Fifty Years Of Political Quotes), 2002.

I will say that the book- You Too Can Be Great (Core Value Self- Re-Orientation) is my favourite; this book has attracted many accolades to me and visibility. It has also given me a greater platform, recognition and credibility.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in their letter to me described the book thus “Your initiative to write a book on “You Too Can Be Great” is laudable. The book is rich in mentoring for the teeming youths who constitute the bulk of potential entrepreneurs”. 

The book is a major success story of my life, my other motivational books and my works are on my website.

What do you consider as your best accomplishment?


My best accomplishment is the grace of God upon my life towards recognizing my purpose on this planet earth; which is “Inspire The world–Raising Global leaders”

My mission is geared towards sharing values of success, which accomplished persons internalized and applied in the cause of fulfilling their goals in life. Developed individuals with values of success drive societies into greatness. They are leaders the world yields for total transformation towards societal advancement.

This process of “Inspiring the World: Raising Global Leaders” started with developing my inspiring website: , where I blog in line with my mission. Thus, I blog in these areas; leadership, mentorship, personality, entrepreneurship and inspirational nuggets. These areas give me joy since my calling is to inspire the world–raising global leaders.

To the glory of God, I am the Lead Consultant of IFLMA. Participation in this online programme is growing. The program has offered participants, especially the youth to build transforming values of their life, which is my core driving mission.

In addition, my mission to inspire the world; raising global leaders have further expanded in authorship of motivational, inspirational and self -development books.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?



When I am not writing, I do general reading; what I mean is this, I lay my hands in many reading materials including journal as to further build my intellect and insights. Also, I take out time to think on my mission. In addition, when I am not writing especially in the daytime, I engage myself in a discussion.


How will someone reach you and learn more about your books?


Today, my five e-books as published are accessible via my lulu links, https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/jamesokere  My sixth e-book (The Power of Purpose Discovery) would soon be published You can also access my books via my website,  http://www.inspireforgreatness.com/  One can also reach me via my James Okere Facebook page (which I have used extensively to expand my mission statement and in building values of greatness in people). In addition, one can also join my Inspire Foundation Leadership & Mentorship Academy (IFLMA) to learn more about my books and thoughts. The programme is accessible via my website.

Also, you can also have Pdf copies of my books and can reach me via my E-mail address:inspirefoundation1@gmail.com
+2347035289205.










1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you Ngozi Ebubedike for interviewing and publishing same in your blog. I am particularly happy that you discovered me for this; to God be all the Glory. I hope that our people would have the patience to read the message opined by my humble self. I have been mentored via reading. Readers are Leaders, www.inspireforgreatness.com

    ReplyDelete

Mr Omoruyi Uwuigiaren, Cartoonist & Writer

Author's Hangout with Zizi Mr Omoruyi Uwuigiaren, popularly known as Ruyi, is a former freelance cartoonist at Vanguard Newspapers.  He ...